Foothill Academic Integrity Committee
To model six of the core values of Foothill College - honesty, integrity, trust, openness, transparency, and forgiveness - by fostering a culture of academic integrity founded on the shared values of students, staff, administrators and faculty.
- Invite Foothill faculty to share current academic integrity policies and practices;
- Invite Foothill students, staff, and administrators to share views of academic integrity policies and practices;
- Seek ideas and guidance by surveying
- efforts of other colleges and universities to foster a culture of academic integrity;
- research literature concerning academic integrity, teaching, and learning;and
- practical effects of local integrity policies;
- articulate shared academic values among students, staff, administrators, and faculty and
- explore ways to express those shared values widely on campus;
In Spring 1988 the Foothill College Academic Senate adopted a statement on professional ethics based on the Statement on Professional Ethics adopted by the Council of the American Association of University Professors. It appears as Appendix G in the Faculty Handbook.