Foothill College Library
Fall, Winter, & Spring Hours
Mon – Thur 8 a.m. – 7 p.m.
Fri 8 a.m. – 4 p.m.
Sat & Sun Closed
Mon – Thur 8 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
Fri – Sun Closed
The Library is closed during all college holidays and breaks.
Ask a Librarian
Circulation & Reserve
The library is in the former Media Center (bldg. 3600) for the 2014-'15 school year while the library building is being renovated. See Foothill College Library Remodel for more information.
This guide describes library resources and services that are available to faculty at Foothill College. Please use the tabs above to navigate to information regarding our resources and services. We look forward to working with you!
- The Library has moved! Remodeling of the 3500 (Library) and 3600 (Media Center) buildings will begin in 2014. During the renovation the library collection, student computer work stations, circulation staff and librarians will relocate to the 3600 building in the area where the Media Center was located. The Media Center and Library Technical Services Dept. will relocate to the Temporary Village. The renovation is estimated to take a year to year and a half to complete. For more information on the remodel, see http://libguides.foothill.edu/remodel
- Turnitin is back! A great tool for instructors and students to check for potential plagiarism and improper citation. Pam Wilkes is the campus administrator. Contact Pam at firstname.lastname@example.org to set up an account. Judy Baker, Dean of Foothill Global Access, will provide periodic training workshops. In addition, the Turnitin Help Center provides customer support and training.
- New online resources include:
- LexisNexis Academic: Thousands of news, business, and legal publications including national and regional newspapers, wire services, broadcast transcripts, international news, and non-English language sources.
- Credo Reference: Provides online full-text articles from an extensive collection of reference sources including Britannica Concise Encyclopedia, the Columbia Encyclopedia and numerous subject-specific reference sources.
- EBSCO Ebook Academic Collection: This collection of multi-disciplinary academic titles adds almost 120,000 titles to the library’s ebook collection that can be viewed on a computer, and in many cases is downloadable to another viewing device. For most books there is no limit on the number of concurrent users, allowing instructors to use a specific title for all students in a class.
Bestsellers Collection: a changing collection of current best-sellers, popular fiction and non-fiction books, for your reading pleasure. Located along the East wall near the Periodicals stacks, the books are arranged on the shelves alphabetically by author and can be browsed online using the Advanced Search feature and limiting by "Shelving Collection" bestsellers in the Foothill Library Catalog.